RECENT POST

Monday, September 27, 2010

I was looking through the September issue of ESPN The Magazine, and I came across this little piece of information that I thought was interesting.

ESPN had PollSpeak.com crunch the numbers on the past 5 years of AP ballots and produce the five most overrated and underrated teams based on average preseason versus postseason ranks. Here is how it turned out…

5 Most Overrated Teams

1. Oklahoma: -8 (final poll rank is eight spots worse than preseason)

2. Cal: -7.8

3. FSU: -6.8

4. Tennessee: -6

5. Michigan: -5.8


5 Most Underrated Teams

1. TCU: +8.2 (final poll rank is 8.2 spots better than preseason)

2. Alabama: +8

T-3. Boise State: +7.2

T-3. Cincinnati: +7.2

4. Oregon: +5.6

I had always thought that TCU started too low most years, I guess this justifies my opinion now. I was surprised to see Alabama on the underrated list. They seem to start high every year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...