skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I wasn't really ever taught to cook. I didn't get a ton of family recipes handed down to me with step by step directions on what to do to make the perfect dinner. (though, I did get a few!)
Recently, after Boyfriend's amazing grandma passed away, we inherited a lot of her fabulous kitchen utensils. In that, was a pressure cooker. Don't know what that is? I don't blame you, I didn't either. Basically a pressure cooker is a method of cooking in a sealed vessel that does not permit air or liquids to escape below a preset pressure. Because the boiling point of water increases as the pressure increases, the pressure built up inside the cooker allows the liquid in the pot to rise to a higher temperature before boiling. Simple enough right?
It's amazing though, it really is. I made a stew in one last night and it was delicious. The steak was juicy, the potatoes were soft and the carrots melted in your mouth. It's heaven, I tell you.

Here's the recipe, if you happen to have a pressure cooker, if not, seriously go get one, its a lost art of cooking.
1. Cut up your choice of meat (I used steak) into squares.
1.5. If you wish, add some flavoring to your meat. I added a few pinches.
2. Cut your potatoes the same way
3. Repeat with carrots
4. Now would be the time to add any extra vegetables or items you wish.
5. Put the meat, vegetables and potatoes into the pot and fill the cooker with water until everything is covered. Don't add more water than needed.
6. Put the cooker on the stove, set on medium, for 25 minutes.
7. Remove the cooker, let sit for 5-10 minutes so the steam escapes.
8. Enjoy a delicious meal.
Easy and fast! It's quickly becoming a favorite meal.
What's a favorite meal of yours?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment