RECENT POST

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The decision

NOTE: If you haven't read YESTERDAYS post, click (here) before reading this. If you have already, carry on....


As I mentioned yesterday, we've made our decision, its made, its set in stone, there is no going back.

I can not explain my emotions, when we got the renewal letter. I started to get teary-eyed (pathetic, I know)

Boyfriend, concerned, asked me: "Whats wrong my love?"

To which I replied: "Our lease is up!"

He looked at me like I was insane. "And that means...?"

and being the emotional girl I was being, I replied: "It means your no longer held down, you can leave if you want." As I dramatically threw myself on the bed. (yes you can laugh, I have no idea what got into me)

Boyfriend, took me in his arms, kissed my forehead and replied: "The lease is not the reason, I'm still here baby" +





We talked, we laughed, we giggled, we talked about how horrible it was when he lived 2 hours from me and we only saw each other on the weekends, we talked about what will happen after I graduate and he goes back to school, we talked about where we will be in a year and what we wish to accomplish, we shared feelings on the pros and cons of resigning, but in the end it all came down to one word.

Yes.

Yes, I am ready to commit another year with him. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yes, we make each other laugh. Half the time, one of us, is about to pee our pants.

Yes, the "I love you, lets cuddle" before we fall asleep feeling is still there.

Yes, its annoying he doesn't put the dishes in the washer or refill the ice cube trays, but he does fix my bike, change the lights, and hangs things up for me.

Yes, he can deal with the pink bathroom and tampons, because he isn't ashamed of buying them for me, even when I still get embarrassed about buying them for myself.

Yes, we are headed in the same direction and that direction is accomplishing our goals and helping each other on the way.

Sure our decision wasn't made fast and we did weigh every possible outcome, but that's because we want to be sure, we are doing it for the RIGHT reasons. Not because its convient to only pay half the rent.

We have decided to resign. +





_________________

In other words, I got a comment on my post that really made me itchy so to speak and I don't think it was stated meanly, and I'm not taking offense to it, but I think its key on what I want to say:

"Its sounds like your already in a marriage with your man in spirit. Why continue on living together with no binding commitment after a year? a lease together or a join account means nothing compaired to beings someones wife or husband. you can simply walk out of it, no srings attached really just a simple cancling fee pack up and your gone. I think you need to look deeper into this and make this more solid maybe then it would bring you more direction in your life. Because both of you would have to be on the same page!"

First, we had already signed the lease 4 days prior to me posting this blog post. I simply thought it was a good idea to try and trick you guys. ('Im mean I know!) After all a couple days before, I was just talking about how insanely in love we are, is it possible to go straight from that to not wanting to sign another lease?

Secondly, Yes, a lease together means nothing compared to being married. Yes you can simply walk out of it... but thats the beauty in it. I am 21, and he is 23, we have so much ahead of us. I am not ready for that commitment. I know that some people get married young and that is just awesome, I'm happy for those people, but I feel like I have too much to live for, and I'm just not ready for that, nor is he. I understand that some of you may be against it, but it works for us. We are happy where we are. I like knowing that if by chance I fall out of love with him, or I stop making him happy, we can walk away and wish the best for one another.

Bottom line is: I'm not worried that it's not that big of a commitment... I know he loves me, and I simply love him and when the timing is right, THAT is when we will get married, not just because its convient, and that's direction enough for me.



-----------



I have NO more classes, and NOTHING school related to do (except some studying) till Tuesday next week, and then come Wednesday, I am FINISHED.... I can hear the couch calling my name, and man is it beautiful!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...