|
|---|
Monday, May 16, 2011
If you didn’t read TCU Athletic Director Chris Del Conte’s chat from Monday afternoon, you should go and check it out. Here are a couple of highlights I thought I would pass along.
First is this piece of information on an area to honor former TCU greats.
Mike (Irving): Is there a plan of some way to honor past TCU greats with statues or a ring of honor type thing when the stadium renovations are complete?
Chris Del Conte: Great question. We've engaged Nike and HKS to help identify spaces in and around the stadium to honor our TCU greats.
I think this is an outstanding idea. I’ve thought TCU has needed statues or a ring of honor in the stadium or something to commemorate former Frog greats like Sammy Baugh, Davey O’Brien, L.T., etc… Kind of confused as to why Nike would be involved with that, but maybe this second bit of information explains it a little more…
Kyle (Seattle): Can you describe in any more detail Nike's branding involvement around campus?
Chris Del Conte: We've engaged Nike to do an overall branding of our product. We expect to have it unveiled in time for the 2012 season.
I also cannot wait to see how this turns out. I’ve said it before, but having a good relationship with Nike is nothing but a positive for TCU.
Labels: Chris Del Conte, Nike, Nike Football, TCU, TCU Football


