RECENT POST

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The original plan for Donnie Nelson today was to fly to Germany this afternoon so he could speak with Dirk Nowitzki about free agency at the first available moment. Those plans have changed. As Donnie arrived at DFW for his flight to Germany today, he received a call from Holger Geschwindner. Holger informed him that he and Dirk Nowitzki were going to travel to Dallas tomorrow. Upon their arrival, the three of them will meet at Dirk's house. What does it all mean? Is it good for the Mavs? I know it makes me nervous.

I think it’s odd that Dirk is now coming back to this side of the pond. What is his motivation? Did he have some other things to take care of? Did he miss his house? Did he come back to help the Mavs recruit other free agents? I would like to think it’s something like that, but here is why I am nervous.

With Dirk coming back to the states its puts him that much closer to all the free agent madness. Does Dirk now want to check out his other options? Maybe go and visit some other teams to see what is out there? I have a theory that Holger has been in Dirk’s ear over the last few weeks telling him to explore all of his options.

I don’t know what is going, or why Dirk all of a sudden decided to return to Dallas, but I am sure nervous about this summer of free agency and hopefully it will all be over quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...