RECENT POST

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wow, could Saturday have been a worse sports day? Two teams I root for, both facing elimination, and both of them end up losing.

The United States men’s soccer team was sent packing from the World Cup by Ghana. I know the team is the king of comebacks, but come on! You allow an early goal in the first half and an early goal to begin extra time? You can’t keep doing that!! I still don’t know why Robbie Findley started the game. He hasn’t been productive at all, and the team played better without him. I was also disappointed to see Edu start the game on the bench. Oh well I guess. Time to start preparing for 2014.

At the same time the United States were getting beat, my TCU Horned Frogs were dismissed from the College World Series by UCLA. The team made a great run, but it’s disappointing to see them come up short. I don’t like baseball, and this is my first time to watch multiple college baseball games in a season, so I am not going to sit here and front like I have been following them all season, but I enjoyed watching the team play over the last few weeks.

The bad part about all of this is that July is a terrible sports month and once the World Cup is over all we are going to be left with is Major League Baseball. I wish it could have ended better for both teams because it sure left a bitter taste in my mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...