RECENT POST

Monday, September 14, 2009

NFL Week 1 Review



The NFL’s first week of action is almost complete, still 2 more games tonight, but here are some of my thoughts on what we have seen so far.



Titans-10 @ Steelers- 13

Great game to start off this season. The Steelers looked decent, but the Madden Curse hit Troy Polamau. The Titans looked a lot better than I originally thought they would, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see these two face each other again in the playoffs.



Dolphins- 7 @ Falcons- 19

They addition of Tony Gonzalez is big for this offense, and I expect the Falcons to keep rolling.



Broncos-12 @ Bengals- 7

What an ending to this game! “The Immaculate Deflection.” Denver got really lucky, but that is sometimes all you need. I still think OchoCinco is going to have a big season.



Vikings- 34 @ Browns- 20

Adrian Peterson, do I need to say any more? Dude went off for 180 yards and 3 touchdowns.



Jaguars- 12 @ Colts- 14

MJD failed on a two point try that could have tied the game. Jaguars looked better than I thought. What will Indianapolis do at receiver? Paging Marvin Harrison??



Lions- 27 @ Saints- 45

I feel bad for the Lions. There 2008 rookies still don’t know what it feels like to win an NFL game. Drew Brees was in beast mode throwing for 6 TD’s!!



Eagles- 38 @ Panthers- 10

Eagles looked VERY good. Delhomme looked TERRIBLE! Jake has to be on the hot seat in Carolina. McNabb fractured a rib, which is the last thing this guy needs. A lot of the people in Philadelphia already hate this guy. What if this keeps him out for a while? The Eagles have Vick back in week 3, does he get to start? What if Vick has a good game or two? Donovan doesn’t need a QB controversy to deal with.



Chiefs- 24 @ Ravens- 38

I didn’t see much of this game. Chiefs put up more points than I thought they would. Joe Flacco with 3 touchdown passes.



Jets -24 @ Texans -7

Thanks Houston. I picked yall to go to the playoffs and you completely forget to show up. I was very underwhelmed by what I saw from the Texans. Congrats to Sanchez on his first NFL win.



Redskins- 17 @ Giants- 23

Redskins couldn’t get much going against a tough Giants defense. One of their touchdowns coming from a fake punt. New York’s D is going to be something serious this season.



49ers- 20 @ Cardinals- 16

Defending NFC Champs go down. Super Bowl hang over, or is it back to the Cardinals of old? I’m just not a fan of Kurt Warner. I guess they don’t really have another option though.



Rams- 0 @ Seahawks- 28

I could care less about either one of these teams.



Bears- 15 @ Packers- 21

Jay Cutler had his chance to show the world why he is worth what Chicago gave up to get him… and he fell right on his face. Al Harris picked off Cutler to end the game and any chance of the Bears coming back. Jay finished with four interceptions on the night.



Cowboys- 34 @ Buccaneers- 21

I thought the Cowboys had a decent game. Romo looked off for much of the first half but turned it around nicely in the second half. They had some new looks on offense that were good, like having Marty B split out wide and Choice running the wildcat. I still think it was a conservative playbook. I expect to see a lot more in the Giants game. Things like Marion and Felix in the backfield together, and Felix in the wildcat as QB.

The defense will have to improve if they hope to slow down the Giants running attack, because it is no joke. Brandon Jacobs is already talking noise about ruining the first game at Cowboys Stadium.



Tonight’s Games



Bills @ Patriots

The debut of T.O. in a Bills uniform against Tom Brady returning from being injured. I expect the Patriots to win this one. I’m saying 28-13



Chargers @ Raiders

The beginning of L.T. proving everyone wrong and he will show why he still has a few good years left in his body. Chargers should take care of business 24-14





BallHype: hype it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...