RECENT POST

Friday, September 25, 2009



TCU’s matchup with Clemson tomorrow afternoon is a BIG one and as a Frogs fan, it has me very nervous. I’m confident in the Frogs and I think they are the better team, but what makes me nervous is the way TCU has played thus far. The Horned Frogs are going into a hostile environment and it isn’t going to be easy.

The TCU defense gave up 14 points to a sorry Virginia team in their first outing. I know they were trash time touchdowns, but they still should have pitched the shutout. That is followed up by allowing Texas State to score 21. That is what makes me nervous. The Frogs defense is known as being tough, fast, and aggressive and they shouldn’t be allowing that many points to those subpar teams.

As far as the offense goes, it hasn’t been spectacular either. The Frogs have been able to run the ball fairly well and they did put up 56 points last week, but I still feel it needs to be opened up more. I thought with Schultz’s departure that we would see more passes down the field and more opportunities for the “big play.” I’m hoping they were holding the scheme back and will unveil something special for this game and the upcoming conference games. This team has the receivers to take shots down the field. We will see in less than 24 hours.

Clemson sits at 2-1 and could easily be 3-0 if it wasn’t for a slip up against Georgia Tech. Honestly, I haven’t watched a lot of Clemson football this season, but this isn’t a team to be taken lightly. Running back C.J. Spiller is a force to be reckoned with and their defense is always tough. Plus, going into Death Valley and coming out with a win isn’t something easily accomplished.

The travesty in this whole situation is that this game isn’t on TV. How is a 2-1 ACC team going against the #15 team in the country and it isn’t on TV? If you are looking for this game it will be on ESPN360.com or on 103.3 FM ESPN Radio or 88.7 KTCU.

With all of that being said, I expect this to be a low scoring, defensive battle. I think the Frogs are better coached, have the better defense and in my opinion have the better QB. Give me TCU over Clemson 20-13 and the Frogs continue their march towards the BCS.

BallHype: hype it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...