RECENT POST

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I just got back from dinner with my mom and sister and lovely boyfriend. It was a great time. I now have to go study for my sign test I have tomorrow *wish me luck I do good* and get some sleep because Thursdays are my long days... So, I decided to have Summer help out. Summer and I decided to call each other "little sis & big sis" we got a lot in common and our lives (in the past) have been so much of the same... So here she is: the lovely mrs. summer brown. Enjoy!




hi gang. summer from bisforbrown here. rasha sent me a little email to say hello and well, the subject line was from an old email of mine. it read - guest post for me? so, i assumed she was asking. she was not. it did, however, turn out to be a life saver for our Rasha. she has a big exam today and her Mummy is in town! yay!

tonight, i find myself "smile really big wherever i go" happy. you see, we (hubs and moi) can count on one hand how many times we have felt this sort of happiness, since we have been together - 10 years. of course, we have happy moments and we are content with things but we don't get those, "OMG - are you kidding me" moments a lot.

so, let's take a trip down memory lane for a second here.

our OMG moments:

~ when husband asked me to marry him. for him, it was me saying yes.
~ husband getting a job after being laid off for a year.
~ finding out we were pregnant after trying for 8 months. (that ended not well at all).
~ finding out that our embryos from IVF 2 were 8 celled and growing big big!
~ getting a second chance at renting the most beautiful apartment for us and getting approved.

you see, some people would complain about this lack of pure happiness. however, we have learned through our trials and tribulations to really appreciate the "OMG" moments. to never take them for granted, because you don't know when you will get another one.

different things make people happy. we have a list of what would make us happy. we hope that most of our wishes are granted but until then, we will remain grateful for each moment that comes our way - the good and bad. however, i like that rush of adrenaline that you get when you feel that happiness. i could totally get used to that! it's so much better than feeling disappointment or that kick in the nads.

as we continue to wait (patiently) for those OMG moments, we will continue to welcome the tiny ones.

here are a few:
~ my kittys cuddling
~ my husband's smell
~ the sound of my family's cajun accents through the phone line
~ the smell of sizzling bacon
~ frosting and sprinkles
~ sitting on a beach without a care in the world
~ the saints going to the super bowl
~ elderly people holding hands
~ mustaches on anything and everything
~ candles burning
~ letters in the mail

ok, i could go on and on, so let me stop.

folks, i ask you to tell me us what your most favorite OMG moment is/was and how can you make someone else happy today?

(via)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...