RECENT POST

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Accident

It was a cold night. Shivers crept up my spine as I rode my bike down the dreary road. I thought to myself: "why is this happening? why me?" but the night held no answers, no reason, no explanation.

I continued to peddle as fast as my exhausted legs would let me, and I scream loudly into the night sky as if that clouds might open up and Angels would save me. That's when it hit me.

The last thing I remember is flying forward off my bike, the sound of the sirens wailing in my ear. I remember thinking to myself, "why am I so wet?"

The next thing I recall is waking up. I lay there, my mom, my sisters, Natt, the doctor.. they're staring at me and they are speaking, I can hear every word they are saying.

The doctor looks at Natt and then back at my mom and he says: "We are doing all we can, but the chances are slim... I'm can't promise you she will wake up from the coma. She's in a lot of pain and struggling" as he turns to walk out of the room...my mom and sisters cry becomes hysterical, Natt's face becomes colorless.

"Wait, guys, I'm here! I'm awake! I here everything you are saying. I'm fine. Don't cry..." but they don't hear me, and they talk about the "options".... not good options, I wanna scream, why why are they not listening, I'm awake!!!

and then I hear her say it... "I'd rather her go be with her Father in Heaven, than suffer down here." and as if it is possible her cries become louder.

"No mom, what are you saying? I'm not suffering, I'm here, why are you not listening? Please stop crying..."

I see her reach for the button... as she deeply inhales and lets out a sob, I realize this is the end, this is it, She can't hear me and she thinks I'm gone. I see my life flash before my eyes, I have so many things I wanted to do... so many things I wanted to say... I'm not ready for it to be over. I take one last look at my moms beautiful face, I look more like her than I thought, does she know how much I love her? how thankful I am to her? I glance at Natt, it's as if someone ripped his heart out... I turn away, it's to hard to bare. I close my eyes and....

Then I wake up.

Yes it was a dream. A very cold, scary and life awakening dream. I died that night in my dream... and it felt so real, so lifelike, that the next morning when I woke up I instantly thanked the Lord for my life, for my family, for Natt, for being safe, for giving me another day.

Life is not promised each day. It's a present we are blessed to receive. Treasure it.




Pee Ess: Pictures and a post to come about my great trip home and seeing my beautiful family!

Happy Tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...