RECENT POST

Friday, April 30, 2010

After 24 hours of digesting the Mavs 97-87 game 6 loss to the Spurs in San Antonio, I feel like I can finally talk about. I am writing this a lot earlier than expected, but after three first round exits in the last four years, I have come to expect that.

I guess I will start with coaching. I hate blaming things on the coach, but Rick Carlisle was out coached by Greg Popovich in every aspect of the game. From rotations to strategy to anything you want to throw out there. The idea to bench Caron Butler for the 2nd half of game 3, and not going to Roddy Beaubois earlier in the series will continue to baffle me.

Which brings me to my next point… I was one of those people who have been hesitant on Roddy B. I didn’t think he should get a ton of minutes and I didn’t expect Carlisle to play him, but when you go down 3-1 in the series, you have to change things up. Also, once Coach Carlisle became desperate and did decide to go with Roddy B, why did he sit him for the majority of the 4th quarter of game 6?

Outside of Dirk, the so called “leaders” and “veterans” of this team were nonexistent. Jason Kidd and Jason Terry were horrendous. I usually defend Jason Kidd all I can, but I can’t say anything good about his performance in this series. This is back to back years where JET has been bad in the postseason.

Erick Dampier…I don’t expect much from you, but you failed to score one single basket the entire series and you are 7 feet tall. Not one! Not an offensive rebound for a put back, you didn’t luckily get open for a pass, you didn’t make one shot from the field. That is terrible.

Dirk was a beast and does what he does. I don’t have anything else to say about him. I hope he doesn’t opt of his contract, and I don’t think he will, but we will have to wait and see.

This was obviously another disappointing season for the Mavs. I thought this team was finally assembled to make a deep post season run, but I was wrong. I’m not really sure what to expect from next season, but it should be a long and interesting offseason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...