|
|---|
Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 14 – Appreciate
What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)
I have a plethora of answers to this question;
I could say my faith. For without faith, without my knowledge, with the Lord helping me, I am not sure I could make it through the tough times, but fortunately for me this is something I don't take for granted quite so much.
I could say my family. After all they are a large part of my life and along with my faith they allow me to push forward, they love me unconditionally as I do them... but this is another one I am quite appreciate of.
I could say life. The fact that I breathe, that I wake up each morning and am given the opportunity to live another day on this Earth. It's a pretty big one, that I appreciate so much...
But under all of these things is something that I appreciate the most... Something I would be completely lost without... Something I forget to appreciate.
The moment.
Living in it, breathing it in, BEING in it.
Appreciating it as it takes place. Not waiting for tomorrow or next year to live the life I want. Not waiting for my life to start, as so many times I have said to myself. Not waiting for another day, or when I have more money... because we will never be content enough to keep holding off, and if we do wait, we lose the chance. We lose the moment.
I have yet to master appreciating this. Too often, I get distracted thinking about the past or more recently, the future.
However, I can appreciate the now. the moment, THIS moment. who I am with in it, and what I am doing during it. For this is my life. these are my moments.

“Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. Use the end of your year as an opportunity to reflect on what’s happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead. With Reverb 10 – and the 31 prompts our authors have created for you – you’ll have support on your journey.”
Labels: moments. my life, reverb
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

