RECENT POST

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

21 + 1

As most of you know, I will be turning 22 in 2 short days. That's right, my birthday is THIS Friday.

I've heard a lot of: "people your age" or "oh to be 22 again" or "you are so young" but for some reason, I feel as if 22 is old. Let me rephrase that, not old in a "30 years old is ancient to me" kind of way, but in a "wow, I am turning 22, it seems like I was just turning 19" kind of way. I remember on midnight of my 19th birthday, sitting in my door room, thinking to myself "wow, you are no longer considered a teenager. Your 20" and it was a bitter-sweet feeling for me... and here I sit almost 22 and I have the same feelings. The feeling of "wow life is passing way to darn fast for me".





In preparation of my 22nd birthday, I made a list of 22 things that I will change, that I improve on, that I will do in this upcoming year.

1. Donate more
2. Volunteer
3. Be more kind
4. Give more
5. Participate in my life
6. Take more photos
7. Love deeper
8. Take more roadtrips/vacations
9. Visit Family more
10. Write more letters, birthday cards, emails to my loved ones.
11. Become more optimistic
12. Read more books
13. Go to the movies by myself
14. Become more spiritual
15. Develop more friendships
16. Strength old friendships
17. Become a bigger part of my nieces/nephews lives
18. Worry less
19. Be more spontaneous
20. Start yoga
21. Travel
22. Love/Accept myself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...