RECENT POST

Friday, April 3, 2009


I just wanted to give out a warning to all my D/FW people that dread these two things that I am about to talk about. It is going to be a horrible weekend for sports and traffic in this area so please be advised.



First, it kicks off with largest gathering of rednecks in the country out on I-35 as NASCAR comes to town this weekend! Thankfully I don’t have to go anywhere near Texas Motor Speedway this year. When I worked in promotions I dreaded these days SOOOO bad!!



Not only does the sport suck but everything around it is horrible also. The fans are rude, they camp out all weekend, the traffic is horrible, and the weather is never that great. It is always extremely hot, extremely cold, windy, or raining. I don’t think I have been out there when it was nice.



Just make sure you avoid I-35 at all costs and you won’t get caught in a “Deliverance” moment.





All of that fine stuff closes up shop on Sunday and the rednecks disperse back into the hills and backwoods and then another BORING sport returns on Monday…





It’s the return of the Rangers and baseball season! Hooooorayyyy!!!!!





My hatred for baseball is very high but I don’t hate it as bad as auto racing. I can tolerate going to a baseball game, but I still don’t enjoy it.






I just don’t see the pleasure of watching the longest, most boring sport ever created. There is no time limit so you never know when the damn game might end. Don’t make any plans because you could be done in 3 hours or 6 hours. There is more standing around and warming up then there is actual game action. Does the relief pitcher really need to throw 30 pitches in the bullpen to warm up then come out on the mound to thrown 10 more?? I mean seriously, speed the game up a little bit and I might not fall asleep.





I’m not going to mention the 4,000 games they play in a season. Do you really have to play every team 25 times???





The roads all around the Ballpark are under construction and there are detours on top of detours. Avoid North Arlington all together on Monday if you can, because it will be a mess! I am not sure what time the game starts but I would leave at 6:00 AM just to make sure you can get there on time.







That is the end of my rant, you know how I can get when I’m angry! HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...