RECENT POST

Monday, February 15, 2010

I was very underwhelmed with NBA All-Star weekend this year. It is usually one of my favorite sports weekends, but I wasn’t impressed. I don’t know if it’s because I came in with too high of expectations or because of the weather or what, but I didn’t think it was that great.



NBA Jam Session @ Dallas Convention Center

It was a nice setup, but like I said, I expected more. Obviously the event is for children, but I expected more NBA things to look at. If you wanted to shoot a basketball though, this was the perfect place for you. They had plenty of that going on.



All-Star Saturday Night @ American Airlines Center

Can you say yawn?? Going to the NBA Dunk Contest was on my list of things I wanted to attend before I died, and now I can tell my children about attending the worse dunk contest ever. The NBA has to do something to fix this. You can’t just thrown four mediocre guys out there and expect it to be entertaining. Plus, there was absolutely no creativity. The D-League dunk contest was better than this. The highlight of the night was the Texas Team winning the shooting competition. Hell, the TNT commentators were more entertaining than the events. That’s sad.



NBA All-Star Game @ Cowboys Stadium

First of all, when it was announced that the All-Star game was going to be at Cowboys Stadium, and Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban said they wanted 100,000 people there, I thought there was no way. I didn’t think that many people would want to attend the game, but I was wrong. They had an immense turnout and the stadium looked great. The game itself saved the weekend somewhat. It was competitive, entertaining and overall fun to watch. I wasn’t too impressed with the musical performances and last year’s player introductions were a lot better, but overall everyone did a great job.



Maybe I missed something, or had too high of expectations, but I came into this weekend thinking it was going to great, but it was basically average. I think I put so much of my excitement into the dunk contest, that when it didn’t live up to my expectations, it kind of deflated the whole experience for me. Oh well, I’m still glad I got to experience it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...