RECENT POST

Sunday, December 12, 2010

I was able to catch up with TCU head coach Gary Patterson after the team’s practice this afternoon. Coach Patterson spoke about the size of Wisconsin, Kelly Griffin, playing in the Rose Bowl and more. Check out the audio below.



You can also listen or download HERE or HERE


Angry Trey: A lot of people have been talking about the size of Wisconsin, mainly their offensive line, is that something that sticks out to you or bothers you?

Coach Patterson: No, they are only about 317. We play against Cannon, he’s 361. Every offensive line we’ve played against this year has been bigger than us.


Angry Trey: Going into the Rose Bowl, they talk about the mystique of that game, do you worry about your team getting nervous?

Coach Patterson: No more than normal. Going last year to the Fiesta Bowl, we understand, we have been in those types of games. I think we’ll be ready to go. They will be excited, I'm excited.


Angry Trey: Talking about Wisconsin, they are known for having big running backs, do you try to do anything in practice to simulate that size you will be going against?

Coach Patterson: No cause I mean Asiata from Utah, Unga, we’ve tackled big backs before. Dwight Smith our scout team running back is about 230 something so we just got to get ready to play.


Angry Trey: When you see that the schools sold 20,000 tickets and you have students lining up outside, what does that mean to you?

Coach Patterson: Obviously the recognition has changed and I’m very excited they want to be a part of us. It’s not any fun to do it by yourself. To have the town, alumni base, school and the kids behind us makes me proud that we have come a long way.


I did not ask the question, but Coach Patterson did mention that there is a chance Kelly Griffin could make it back for the Rose Bowl. He will be a game time decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...