RECENT POST

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

As most of you know, Nike unveiled a new TCU uniform yesterday at Cowboys Stadium. The uniform is/was supposed to be worn in the Rose Bowl against Wisconsin, but that now might not be the case. A lot of TCU fans were unhappy with the lack of purple on the jersey, so a change might be made. There are rumors going around that TCU will be in a purple jersey on January 1st, and some of the things coming out today look to support that rumor.

UniWatch/ESPN.com:

When it will be worn: The Rose Bowl, New Year's Day, against Wisconsin -- maybe. Although this uniform was unveiled on Tuesday, Uni Watch is now hearing from reliable sources that it probably will not be worn, and that TCU will most likely wear purple, not black.

Chris Del Conte’s Notes on a Scorecard:

There's been a lot of talk about our new Nike uniforms that were unveiled Tuesday. We've heard directly from many of you and want you to know that Coach Patterson will make sure we're "Purpled Up" when we take the field in Pasadena.


From what I understand, Nike mainly wants TCU to wear the cleats. That is the major part of the uniform they want to showcase and the other items can be changed out if needed. Nike makes all of the TCU football uniforms so it’s not like they would be missing out on the publicity if the Frogs switched to purple jerseys.

I was also told that these uniforms were in the making before the Rose Bowl became a real possibility. This uniform could have been worn for the last home game against San Diego State or whatever bowl game the Frogs ended up in. TCU went with the purple jersey/white pants look against the Aztecs which left the bowl game as the only opportunity. I think if TCU would have known they were going to the Rose Bowl, they would not have approved the all black jersey.

Now that TCU is in the Rose Bowl, the fans and alumni want to see more purple and I think they will get their wish. Personally I was told that TCU is working to add more purple to the uniform. I don’t know if that means a purple jersey, or purple accents or what, but we will just have to wait and see. I am hoping TCU wears the uniform combination they wore against BYU this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...