RECENT POST

Friday, January 1, 2010

BCS Bowl Predictions

New Years Day is here and that means it is time for the BCS Bowls. I like watching all the bowl games, and have caught most of them to this point (MWC 4-0 so far) but I always enjoy the BCS bowls for the most part. Let Angry Trey give you his predictions…



Rose Bowl: #8 Ohio State vs. #7 Oregon

I have never been a fan of Ohio State and believe they are overrated every year, and this season isn’t an exception. I think Terrelle Pryor is a mediocre quarterback at best, and I think Oregon will take care of business. The Ducks started the season slow with a loss to Boise State, but went on a pretty good run to close out the season. I have Oregon over Ohio State 31-17.



Sugar Bowl: #3 Cincinnati vs. #5 Florida

This is the last collegiate game for Tim Tebow and is quite possibly the last game Urban Meyer will coach for a while. I expect the Gators to come out fired up even though they are disappointed that they aren’t in the title game. Cincinnati has a good offense, but this will be the toughest defense the Bearcats have faced all season. To go along with that, Cinci plays absolutely no defense. Tim Tebow goes out with a win as the Gators beat the Bearcats 35-24.



Fiesta Bowl: #6 Boise State vs. #4 TCU

I will have my thoughts on this game later on in a separate posting.



Orange Bowl: #10 Iowa vs. #9 Georgia Tech

Im totally bored with this matchup. The theme for Iowa’s season has been survival. They managed to survive the terrible Big 10 Conference and get themselves into a BCS Bowl. As for Georgia Tech, I really have no interest in them either, but I think they win this game. Give me Georgia Tech over Iowa 21-13.



National Championship: #2 Texas vs. #1 Alabama

I will go ahead and admit that I have a bias here and absolutely cannot stand the Texas Longhorns. I still think TCU and Cincinnati have more valid cases than Texas to be in this game. What can you do though? Alabama is the legitimate number one team in the country, and if they play liked they did against Florida, they will beat anyone. Give me Bama over the Longhorns 27-17.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...