RECENT POST

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life isn't fair...



My Mothers three favorite words, since I was a little girl have been: "life isn't fair." I've heard it more times than I could count.

"Mom, Sam got more ice cream then me. It's not fair."
"Life isn't fair, Rasha"

"Mom- how come boys always break your heart? It isn't fair"
"Life isn't fair, Rasha"

"Mom- why us? why did daddy have to die? It's just not fair"
"Life isn't fair, Rasha"

At work, the cutest blonde hair, hazel eyed little boy, that if I kidnapped no one would know he wasn't mine because he looked exactly like me... Oh back to the story, and no I don't kidnap kids, but sometimes I want too.... I heard him ask;

"Mom can I have this toy?"

"No. Put it back"

"but mom... please"

"I said no"

"that's not fair!"

"Life isn't fair, Tommy"

{Are mothers trained to say this? Note to self: become a mommy and find out.}

Life isn't fair. We weren't promised all sunshine and rainbows. We weren't promised we wouldn't be hurt or that we wouldn't feel sadness. BUT we were promised a life to make our own. We were promised a blank canvas to paint, too choose to be happy when we are given bad. We can dwell on tragedies and we can keep telling ourselves; "Life isn't fair" or we can remember:

"Life is not fair. Fair is where you go to ride rides and see the pigs"





Happy Friday Everyone! Make it count. Be happy. Know I love youuu xoxo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...