RECENT POST

Sunday, December 13, 2009

love is a game

Love is like a game of cards. You're dealt a hand, and you must play it.

Some of us cheat. Some of us bluff. Some of us even raise the standards. Then there are some of us that fold, not having the courage to believe they were delt the best hand, the hand that could "win it all."





To be honest, I've never really been good at cards. I have cheated in the game of goldfish, I have bluffed in the game of BS and I have raised the standards when I had a good hand in family poker, and I have folded when I didn't have the courage to believe my hand would win.

I have let people take advantage of me not knowing, just as someone would in a game of cards. I constantly give advice to live your life the way you want it and don't listen to what people say, but I'm eating my words. An old friend of mine, has previously mentioned that I was making some "bad choices" because I wasn't following some rules by who I was dating and how I live my life. It has hurt me a great deal. I feel like I am a good person. I'm strong. I'm chasing my dreams and I have a boyfriend who is madly in love with me. My cards may not add up to a royal flush, but I only need a few certain cards to get that flush.

I've been dealt bad hands, numerous times and in the end, I always either lost or folded. It's rare to get a royal flush in one deal, often times you have to swap your cards and pray you receive the one needed. The good thing about cards is that when you make a mistake, you take that mistake to the next game with you. You know that next time around, you're going to do something different.

Exactly like a relationship. I'm not going to worry about how everyone else thinks I should play my hand. I know what I have in my hand and I know what I need and I know what I want.





No one has made me smile as hard, laugh as hard, or be completely myself as he does.





What other boyfriend would pose as my imaginary Edward? We can call him Nedward.





With him in my hand, I feel like I won it all.




No one knows the hand you hold better than you. There is always a chance in the end you won't get exactly what you need... but there is always a chance you might. Why not risk it?

Don't be afraid to want the hand that could win it all.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...